Welcome to suburbia

I've finally plucked up the courage to set-up an online blog. I'm going to endeavour to blog as often as possible to share my thoughts, to share some articles and news i find interesting, and also use it for my private reflections (you guys won't get to see that!). Also i hope people will read and comment on some of my posts.

The spur for deciding to set-up a blog has been my studies through the Open University. They encourage learning and reflection, and collaborating with others.

Monday 21 February 2011

Is this the start of the second dotcom bubble?

Again a cracking piece of comment on the coming second dot.com bubble.

When it comes to economics i'm a simple man (as i was told again for the umpteenth time), and so i believe that company "value", a broad term at the best of times, should mean genuine returns. I don't know how Twitter can claim a $10bn valuation when it is yet to post a profit. Livingsocial and groupon are fabulous ideas but $6bn takeover offer before the concept has even got off the ground?

I think we've been here before; Warren Buffet said something like "if you don't know how they make money, they probably aren't", CDO's and derivatives were similar, and look where that got us

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/feb/20/is-this-the-start-of-the-second-dotcom-bubble

Sent via the Guardian's iPhone application.

Get it Here


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment