Welcome to suburbia

I've finally plucked up the courage to set-up an online blog. I'm going to endeavour to blog as often as possible to share my thoughts, to share some articles and news i find interesting, and also use it for my private reflections (you guys won't get to see that!). Also i hope people will read and comment on some of my posts.

The spur for deciding to set-up a blog has been my studies through the Open University. They encourage learning and reflection, and collaborating with others.

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Ramadama ding dong

"Hell is other people"- Sartre
 
 Well chaps and chapesses. Its been a while since i've
 pressed these keys in anger, and by golly have i got
 nothing to tell you
 
 No really... Its ramadan, the world closes down, and
 you feel like a dirty traitor when you eat any food
 before iftar (breaking the fast)
 
 Had my house warming last weekend. Drank too much,
 made too much noise, got a letter about rules from the
 building manager. Broke my bed by using it as a
 trampoline.... te he.... knew what you lot were
 thinking when you read that last sentance!!!!!
 
 Working pretty hard, and for just the craziest Local
 guy ever.... why we employeed him i'll.... hold on...
 i know why we employed him ;) he's doing my nut but
 i'm learning to have fun with him.... for example he
 has this rude habit of emailing me when i'm sitting
 next to him, when he could just turn and ask.... so
 i've now started emailing back. And everytime he
 emails me a task i email back asking for further
 clarification.... its winds him up no end.
 
 I had a little bit too much fun last night. We (tom
 and i) went out to Longs bar. which is a really cool
 place, and is absolutley packed during ramadan, full
 of pretty young things. Tom as i've mentioned before
 is an expert in pick up techniques. So we decided to
 have some fun with it. So he starts chatting to this
 Blonde in her late thirties. Then calls me in-
 
 So we get chatting and she says-
 
 Blonde- So what do you guys do?
 Tom- we own a beauty salon
 Blonde- really, i've had my nails done today what do
 you think...
 Luke- oh daaaarrrrling, dear me, how much did they
 charge you for that?
 Blonde- oh, urm... only about 100 AED
 Tom+Luke- well it shows
 Blonde- but it was at (local salon name, wasn't really
 listening), and they came highly recommended
 Luke- you'll have to come by ours
 Tom- yeah, we'll sort those out for you
 Blonde- where is it?
 rumbled.... so i make my excusees and leave tom to
 pick up her number... that is gonna be a strage
 conversation if she calls
 
 Anyways- busy old week ahead. I've been invited to an
 iftar meal by one of my team. Its also his twin boys
 birthdays, so its going to be one hell of a party
 (minus alcohol).
 
 Love y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment