Welcome to suburbia

I've finally plucked up the courage to set-up an online blog. I'm going to endeavour to blog as often as possible to share my thoughts, to share some articles and news i find interesting, and also use it for my private reflections (you guys won't get to see that!). Also i hope people will read and comment on some of my posts.

The spur for deciding to set-up a blog has been my studies through the Open University. They encourage learning and reflection, and collaborating with others.

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Salute the women drivers of Saudi

There are plenty of things i don't understand in the world......
- Why ring pulls were removed in preference of push tabs
- Why the English language tolerates words with two meanings (for example- Outstanding!)
- What biological purpose to crying serve?

But one thing that makes my blood boil is the Saudi's social slavery; preventing women from driving to protect themselves...... madness utter madness.

I really can't do justice to the whole issue. Luckily i didn't have to as a brave young woman Manal al-Sharif explains and champions the cause.


http://tiny.cc/ezxjn


this is an evolving story, since this above report, she was arrested and forced to retract her desire to drive and promise not to attempt this stunt again. Luckily with the door pushed open, others have found safety in numbers, and a recent "mass drive" went ahead.

I can not believe in this day and age we still tolerate such blatant slavery.

No comments:

Post a Comment