Welcome to suburbia

I've finally plucked up the courage to set-up an online blog. I'm going to endeavour to blog as often as possible to share my thoughts, to share some articles and news i find interesting, and also use it for my private reflections (you guys won't get to see that!). Also i hope people will read and comment on some of my posts.

The spur for deciding to set-up a blog has been my studies through the Open University. They encourage learning and reflection, and collaborating with others.

Thursday 4 August 2011

Navigating the city

Luke gave me the iPad and told me not to go anywhere on our side of the river (see next post for why), but to explore over the river or ‘Downtown’. Okay so for my first day I decided to find all the important landmarks- Luke’s office, Macy’s and Saks Fifth Avenue! The good news about these landmarks is that they are all next to each other, but bad news for the credit cards (they are frantically burying themselves in my purse as I type). Having a couple of hours to kill before meeting Luke, I did what any woman would do shop! While having a facial I discovered that they are filming Batman here and decided that my mission over the next four weeks is to spot Mr Bale or at least some Batman related things! Luke found dinner had, I had survived my first day alone in the US.


No comments:

Post a Comment